NCC – Pride in Education: Advice and Guidance
Supporting LGBTQ+ young people in Newport
Newport City Council has commissioned ADVICE AND GUIDANCE services for all education settings in the Local Authority area to help develop a whole school approach to promoting positive health and wellbeing of LGBTQ+ young people.
Each school has access to one appointment with Nick from IN:EQUALITY to discuss policy / practical approaches.
This could include:
- Advice about how to support specific pupils
- Creating inclusive policies to support current and future LGBTQ+ pupils
- Setting up LGBTQ+ young people’s groups
- Integrating gender and sexual diversity into lessons
- Organising school pride events
- Whatever else you would like to discuss relating to gender and sexual diversity in your setting.
We recommend that the appointment is attended by senior staff as the advice and guidance will be best provided to those who have the authority to make decisions and put it into practice.
It might be helpful for more than one member of staff to attend this appointment. That’s no problem at all. When you book the appointment, just click the ‘add guest’ button to invite a colleague.
Please note: We request that we keep the group of attendees to key staff (2-3 is ok).
Book your appointment
If you’re the senior member responsible, or have been delegated to arrange the appointment for your setting, please pick the date and time that best suits you below.