NCC – Pride in Education: Training
Gender and sexual diversity awareness training
Who’s the course for?
This course is restricted to staff working in educations settings in Newport.
This fully funded training is aimed at teachers, wellbeing and support staff from every education setting in the Local Authority area.
We would welcome 2 members of staff from each setting to join one of the dates planned throughout the next few months.
What will I learn?
By the end of the session you will:
- Understand current thinking and practices in relation to gender and sexual diversity
- Be able to identify barriers, impacts and solutions to supporting young LGBTQ+ people
- Better understand terminology relating to gender and sexual identity
- Be more prepared and confident to discuss gender and sexual diversity
- Know where to signpost young people for additional specialist support
Where and when is the course taking place?
This course will be delivered online. You will receive instructions of how to join the session virtually.
To read more about the course and to register to attend, please pick from the options below.
You will be able to register for any of the course dates, but we are providing tailored sessions for specific settings.
Please check the dates below if you would like to register for a specific course.
IMPORTANT: You will need to use the access code NCC22 to unlock the registration page.